Blood in Semen 2 years after Urolift?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had the UROLIFT over 2 years ago. Happy with the flow and fewer trips to the bathroom. Most recently i noticed some blood in my semen. Anyone have this experience?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Steve

Blood in semen could be due to prostatitis or something more serious. You didn't mention having a biopsy, which will result in blood in semen for potentially many months afterward.

Have you been tracking your PSA?

For this, I highly recommend you see your urologist.

Michael

• Posted

Thanks Michael. Prostatitus is likely the problem. PSA is fine. Also, I was a bit dehydrated. Best,Steve

• Posted

I had blood in my urine once. It was a cancerous bladder tumor. Make an appointment with your urologist today!

• Posted

Thanks Lee, The blood was only in my semen..If it continues i'll definately see my urologist. I wonder if the clips on the Prostrate might cause bleeding?

• Posted

I think most urologists would consider blood in the urine or semen a cause for concern anytime more than a month or so post-op.

• Posted

I recently had a lot of blood after a hard work out, I think a clip might have pulled out. Now I still get blood in my urine after work outs. I'm not sold on Urolift

• Posted

I had blood in my urine, turned out to be bladder stones! Easy fix. The uro, shot it with a laser, then vacuumed it out. No hospital stay.

• Posted

I had blood in semen once pre-urolift. Doc didn't seem too bothered and it hasn't happened since that I've noticed. No blood post Urolift

• Posted

Thanks all for your replys . It was a 1 time bleed, took some antiobtics and it stopped..thankfully. Does make me cautious about frequent ejaculations. I'm 69 so maybe time to slow down. Hoping the clips(4) don't move.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.