blood in spit

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experienced blood in spit it is pinkish in hue.No cough at all. I had trouble with burning stomach two nights ago I was just wondering is this acid that's causing it. please let me know.

Thanks.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry l cant say for sure, not sure if anyone could, but if its a one off l wouldnt worry too much, but have a word with your gp.  Acid usually goes along with inflammation and inflammation can cause small pin point hemmorhages, and that can lead to blood traces in area thats inflamed, but diluted to turn it pink or orangeish, new or old blood. lve inflammation of the bladder and that can lead to slight blood traces in urine a times.   Same if your skin gets inflamed on outside of the body, skin gets reddish. . 
    • Posted

Thanks just having that metallic taste at the back of my mouth. Could be irritation from the muffins I ate.
  • Posted

hi I've been getting it, blood in the mornings, my GI doc told me it's nothing to be with reflux, so i went to the dentist who told me it was bacteria on my back teeth mainly, i wasnt brushing properly, i have no cough or nasal drip or sore gums or anything. 
    • Posted

Thanks I need to see my dentist then. Do you still have it? I was thinking could be from bleeding ulcers or something. As I suffer from  LPR pretty much along with this Globus Sensation. Don't have gums problems and unsure if I have post nasal drip.My mouth is very dry especially at night .
  • Posted

yeah i do still have it, the dentist told me to change the way i brush....i get globus as well sometimes, some say it's stress or anxiety related.
    • Posted

Don't know the meaning of stress or anxiety or panic attacks until i had this globus. I can practically eat or drink , exercise daily .it's crazy. One after the other.if i don't have globus, i have heartburn and now this. it actually felt like a pleghm at the back of my mouth then when i spat it out it has this pinkish hue but then i tried to spit again it's gone.oh well, guess as long as there's no other symptoms accompanied by it then i'm fine. been frequenting gp lately and don't want her to think i'm just making these illnesses on my mind...confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.