Blood in spit

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello

Male, 32 years old, smoked for 10 years, quited for 3 years, started again for 5 months, stoped smoking 2 months ago. 2 weeks after stoping starts having some problems. For about 4 weeks I have notice red blood in my spit. sometiems i feel the taste of blood and I spit and I see blood, other times I spit normaly white and when I spit again there comes the blood. Lung x-ray looked ok. Since I suffer from acid reflux I did an endospocy all was fine (just one small polyp found in my esophagus which was not problematic after the biopsy was done). Did a visit to ETM doctor, he checked my sinuses and said no sign of blood. He also said there is no sigh of bleeding in my throat however he said that my throat does look a bit irritated. Teeth and gums fine as well. So not sure where the blood is coming from. In the meantime my throat is really painfull. I also have mild sleep apnea which means that when I wake up in the morning my throat is a bit dry. 

Any ideas where to look next?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi alme,

I've had the same problem since the last 6 months. Exactly the same way, sometimes it comes out white, and if I spit again, traces of blood start showing up. Other times I've spit out pure blood. Sometimes I've smelled blood but haven't spit it. I have bad teeth but I don't think it's my gums that are bleeding. I have a bad throat too, with frequently swollen tonsils. I also have left-side chest discomfort, and sometimes I have burning sensations in the center of the chest. Test results clear and doctors haven't found anything. So how are you doing now? Are you better? Or have you found a solution to your problem?

• Posted

PS: Male, 34 years old, ex-smoker (quit 10 years ago)

• Posted

hi alme,

I am female 42years old (non smoker). i having the same  problem 2months ago, when i brush teeth in the morning , i can see the blood in my saliva ( which not from Gum).

Has seen the ENT doc , everything is fine. I do not have sore throat but only feel dry in the morning , no cough, but i have reflux and need medication daily to control it. 

I have stop bleeding for 3 weeks, where i went to see gum doctor to scaling the teeth with salt . I am trying to take vitamin C , gargle salt water  2 times a day  and taking probiotic,  eat raw garlic (which i yet try) . You might try this since no harm to try.  

I am thinking recover ,  and  i  started not  taking probiotic/ gargle salt water.Today, when i brush teeth , see blood again . i also do not know what is the best way. i am afraid too .. .  let me know if somebody have better solution too .  thanks.

• Posted

It's probably your gum, sometimes it's not visible, like in a dental abcess. Visit the dentist I would say.

• Posted

Just woke up this morning had a bit of spit in my mouth all of a sudden blood came out went to the toilet and blood was coming out when I was spitting put some mouthwash in and it started easing I’m a 20 year old male looked it up and said it could be cancer.
    • Posted

Hi 40 yr old female going through the same thing had chest X-ray blood work and seen a ear nose throat dr and everything was good it when I spit I see blood and sure what’s going myself but I am really scared and I am going to get a second opinion 
    • Posted

Have come to know that it could be due to Helicobacter Pylori Infection. Have you done endoscopy with biopsy tissue testing from antral stomach to diaganose. Do you have acid reflux. Have you checked your acid level in stomach.
  • Posted

It’s fine it was from my gums not throat 
  • Posted

I have had this issue since November time, every morning I spit out dryed blood(well think it’s blod), I also use to smoke but stopped at Christmas thinking it would go away, it hasn’t, been to the doctors and taken them a sample it all came back as normal, I suffer from nosal problems so believe it’s something to do with that, how are you getting on with it ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.