Blood in stool

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys has anyone on here ever been to the toilet then wiped and had lots of bright red blood on paper and turned the water reddish. It's been 1 week since that happened and now I have streaks of blood in my poop. Which seems always like a whippy stool. I used to be constipated as was taking 30/500mg of co codamol. When I noticed blood I discontinued them . But a week on and still streaks of blood in poop? Any one had anything similar. I went to gp there thinking haemorroids but it's been a week now what dfo you guys think??

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

Yes! In my opinion it sounds like hemorrhoids, but of course seek professional advice. This is how my issues started out. Had diarrhea for about over a month and started seeing blood on the toilet paper when I went to wipe. Things only progressed from there and eventually I had to get the horrid surgery.

But here comes the good news! You are still VERY early in the process (Grade 1). Please don't make the mistake I made by not getting professional help for a year, which made my condition far worse than it should have been. As soon as you can, go to the doctor and get this sorted out! You'll be thanking yourself. Good luck!

• Posted

Yes, in my case it was hemorrhoids but I'm only speaking from my experience. Set up an appointment to get the answers you need.

• Posted

Yes i have been to gp and he said from what im saying is haemorrids but i suffer with anxiety so keep searching the net 🙈

• Posted

Haha I completely understand! My anxiety when it comes to this issue was no joke. I kept putting it off and eventually my symptoms became worse because I refused to seek help. When I did, it was too late and my only option was the horrible surgery. I then put that off for a year and that year was the absolute worse time of my life. I sunk into a deep depression and everything in my life (social, work, physical health, mental health) suffered. Look into my post history to understand my journey.

Trust me, you do not want to get to the place I was at. Do yourself a favor and set an appointment up as soon as you can to resolve the issue before it gets out of hand. Ask your GP to refer you to a trust/reputable colon and rectal doctor.

• Posted

Was your bleeding just on toilet paper or in the loo or mixed in with stool? Sorry to ask do much just never had haemorroids and after seeing this blood it's shook me up. I really do appreciate your replys

• Posted

Hi maxwell did you ever experience bloody mucus? After a stool I'm asking you as you have currently just experienced it all?

• Posted

In my case the blood only occurred when I wiped. I'm sure it can get into the stool as well.

• Posted

I did have mucous when I was in the early stages but that wavered off as my condition worsened.
    • Posted

Go back to the Dr. Have he/she book you for a colonoscopy. A lot can be determined from that scope. I'm in the same boat as Maxwell...waited too long and the hemmoroid severely impacted my life. By the time I get back to work I will have been off a year dealing with this one pain in the ass lol

• Edited

im booked for a camera but must see consultant first I was told. to see what he suggests
  • Posted

Definitely go to your GP to get checked out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.