Blood in stool

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since last 2 days I am noticing blood in my stool. Although there is no such pain in passing the stool and I also donot have any medical conditions. Can you suggest what should I do and how to treat it??

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Are you constipated and straining for a bowel movement or having diarrhoea?  Both can cause haemorrhoids and constipation can cause fissures.  The blood in this case tends to be bright red.  Are you sure it is blood?  Have you been eating anything that is red such as red peppers or red apples which may not be absorbing properly?

However, you should go to your doctor to get this checked!

• Posted

No I am not constipated nor having diarrhoea. Yes its bright red in color or you can say slightly maroonish. It’s actually mixed with the stool. I am not observing dripping blood. 

I am taking beetroot in my diet. 

• Posted

do not worry then its beetroot. stop consuming beetroot for three days and you will know.
    • Posted

Avoid the beetroot to see if your stoos return to normal.  It may not have been absorbing properly.
  • Posted

I would go get this checked out, you stated you were not having bowel issues, yet something is happening because you are seeing blood, could be colon polyp.best of luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.