Blood in stool after endoscopy....

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 50yrs old....past 3 months I felt some disturbance in my throat, felt like something struck in my throat.  Doctor suggested to undergo endoscopy, during which he found Antral gastrics with polypoidal lession, and those polyps were removed and biopsy test were done.  The results showed the hyperplastic polyps with Antral gastrics..doctor said not to worry and suggested to take some medicines    .its been 1month after endoscopy,still I have bloods in stool( not regularly but at times) and sometimes diarrhoea too...I too have pain at the place where tissues were removed..     please I need to know how Long does bleeding and pain be there.kindly guide me accordingly.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would called the Doctor's office and be asking them some questions about this, you should not be seeing blood, Ask about still having pain where polys were removed, sure hope you get some help.

• Posted

Thanks a lot Shelia...consulted doctor recently..he had prescribed secnil forte tablet...
  • Posted

hi i know that this post was 16 months ago. but your post was the only one that i needed to find. thank you. i am 33 and just had an endoscopy done two days ago. after the endoscopy i had a little chest pain but went away then i started having cramp and pain like right in my sternum area. starting getting lots of chest pain. doctor said it was normal but idk why they didnt tell me this before.

then last night and this morning i have nothing but black choppy stools. i got three biopsies taken but doctor said they were super small. i hope they go away. so im left wondering how bad is this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.