Blood in stool, blood clot and pain on right right when pushing

Posted , 1 user is following.

Ive always had an issue with hemorrhoids, but more recently I've also been having a significant amount of mucus in my stool and on its own from my back end. I've also had a pain in my right side for the past week when lightly pushing for a bowel movement or to pass gas, and bright red blood on my stool, and bloody mucus as well.

today when i had a bowel movement i noticed a larger dark red blood clot/bloody mucus in my stool (photo attached). Is this an emergancy? should i be concerned for Crohns or IBD?

As an additional note I often engage in (safe) anal sex which does not cause any pain or discomfort for me but usually does result in excess mucus in my stool following.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.