Blood in stool from constipation?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've just come off a DD flare-up where I was hospitalized and put in antibiotics 10 days. I started eating g back to normal with a lit of fiber like beans for example. I have had hard stools the last two days and now blood from my rectum which I have never had before. The stool looks like a normal color so I think it's just from the straining which I'm trying not to do or just my rectum causing it. I had a GI apt last week and they did x-rays. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for April because I couldn't get in sooner. This will pass right?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It could be a pile because of the straining.As the stool is a normal colour it does seem like it’s  coming from further down. When I have a DD flare up I always get mucus  and blood but know everyone is different. Conoscopy will confirm if there are internal piles. 

• Posted

Yeah I had diarrhea for weeks before I even knew it was a flare. I just thought it was from the PPI I'm on.

• Posted

Hi Kim, Try to use something like Miralax  or Colace so it want be hard to pass and you want have to strain, a few days, this will help it to heal and you shouldn't have anymore problem. Glad you are getting a colonoscopy everyone should get one,  hope this helps, best of luck to you.

• Posted

I do have Miralax I have taken it once. It wasn't bad. I didn't go to the bathroom much. I am taking stool softeners. I missed a couple of days. Which I guess I should have done.

• Posted

Sounds as if you need something to smooth the  way.. try LACTULOSE  a very gentle  but effective laxative.
  • Posted

The GI doctor's office suggested I clean myself out with magnesium citrate which is in liquid form. Has anyone used this before?

• Posted

I take Magnesium citrate every day ,tablet form ,'cos its good for lots of things, 

• Posted

If you aren't happy about it ,don't take it ..Google it and find some answers, 

• Posted

I googled it. Doesn't seem like it would interfere with my medications or hurt me. I just have to work every day and am not sure how it will affect my bowels. I can't be running to the bathroom all day at work especially this week when I have to keep an eye on call queues.

• Posted

Suggest you clear your system out when you have a couple of days off work.
    • Posted

sorry about the delay ,When are you having the colonoscopy ?? If it is fairly soon ,the laxative they give you prior to it ,,will really clear the way .Don't know why your doc has suggested fast removal ,surely a 

drastic step is sending your digestive tract the wrong  message,Slow and easy ,must be better . Have you tried ringing 

the clinic to see if there are any cancellations,, which there always are .and ask them to ring you if one does crop up, That's what happened to me .Phone call ,moved up the ladder It's worth a try

April is a long wait , 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.