Blood in stool help me

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been having a bit of an IBS fit with stomach pain and shifting in my guts and I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped it came back with some bright orange spots? They weren't distinctly red but they were bright orange and I immediately started having a panic attack was that blood or was it something else? When I dry wipe there's nothing what do I do I'm so scared

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If it is dat your stool is hard u may hav bruised d inside an wit women history we get constipated
  • Posted

It could be piles, or you have strained yourself trying to go to the loo. Either way its always best to see your GP.
    • Posted

I'm wondering now if it was really blood. The water didn't change colors and what I saw wasn't red, but orange. Mostly I'm just trying to calm myself down because the panic attack I had in the bathroom was brutal and I can't see a doctor until the sixth of December.

• Posted

Hi angel-baby

First of all stop panicking and stressing it makes your gut problems much worse..It maybe hemorroids. You have to go to your doc and get examined. Hemorroids can be dealt with.. if it's not haemorroids you need an ultrasound to see what is going on in your abdominal area......best wishes....

• Posted

I'm trying to, but it's hard to go against one's nature. I was checked for hemorrhoids very recently and there was nothing. I also had an ultrasound not two weeks ago which was clear. I hope it was maybe just dye from food or something...

• Posted

haemaroids  or slight grazing of rectum gives bright red blood. Dye stuff from foods is likely. If you eat beetroot the red/purple colour comes right through. Swetcorn does not really change so you get yellow bits in pooh. Carrot can also pass through particularly uncooked carrot. If it was a serious problem higher up in the gut stools would be dark red or black. Best to stay calm and not overthink what is happening.
    • Posted

I get that and I think mine could be food related, fruit jellies and blueberries come through in a little cleAr mucus but then nothing else .. I am due for a prolapsed bowel repair for the second time, so it might be that also
  • Posted

Blood is not bright orange; it is red.  Maybe you have eaten something that has not been digested properly.  Keep a food diary to monitor what you are eating.  Write down any symptoms you have to see if it is linked to a particular food.  Have you eaten anything that you would not normally eat?
    • Posted

I couldn't really recall but I do remember having eaten some orange colored chicken. It was somewhat overspiced so I think perhaps my body just wasn't a fan of it?

• Posted

In that case, exclude it from your diet and see if the orange colour goes away.  Stick to bland food that is not rich, spicy or greasy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.