Blood in the stool due to constipation, magnesium might've helped for relief

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last year I was diagnosed with anal fissure, it was okay after two months of pain when i took benefiber and started adding it into my drinks twice a day. It was all okay after that but then after 3-4 months the problem came back again, I saw a bit of blood on my toilet paper when I wiped.The thing is that I only get blood on my toilet paper when my stools are hard so I just really thought that to avoid blood and pain I needed to change my diet, I added more fiber in my diet, drank lots of water daily, along with still taking benefiber and also stool softener to help an easier bowel movement. it worked for a few weeks but then i started to become constipated again and couldnt do a bowel movement for 3-4 days until i did one day with a hard stool and with a lot more blood than i usually get. I consider myself healthy as I exercise quite regularly so everything just made me really confused and stressed and it really wasn't helping that I also had my exams during that time. I did a little more digging and found out about magnesium supplement helping with constipation. so I threw out my stool softener and I'm now taking cenovis magnesium tablets while also taking in more fiber in my diet, more water and my stools have become softer and a lot more easier to pass and no blood on my toilet paper, im just not sure if taking these tablets are healthy long term as I dont want my body to become dependent on it. So I would like to know if anyone has had experience with taking magnesium for long term? 

I've seen a discussion on here talking about drinking milk with olive oil on an empty stomach I'm thinking of trying that since that sounds more natural with treating a constipation.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.