Blood in Urine once and white cells

Posted , 4 users are following.

38 year old men non smoker. I had terminal Hematuria ( few drops )1 month ago. I immediately bought an UTI test. It showed white cells right away. Three days later I saw my Doctor and he did a rectal prostate test and told me it was a bit enlarge. He also tested my urine and it had moderate white cells. He gave me cipro and asked me to come back when I was done with them. I did, and the urine test showed a little trace of white cells. He told me that if continued with my symptoms to go and see an Urologist which I am in a few days. I don’t have any pain while I urine. However, I get random pinch/stabbing sensation on my flanks and lower abdomen while driving, walking or laying down. Have anyone seen this before ? 

Thanks you for any feedback 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Daniel, I am 69 years old.  Occasionally I'll have blood in my urine.  I used to be worried the first time it happened, but after learning that it was because of a bladder stone, I am not too concerned anymore.  I went in for surgery, and had the stone removed.  Easy surgery, in and out the same day.  Because I CIC, I'll have a little blood in my urine, because the catheter, bumps against the bladder wall.  I try to be really careful when doing CIC, to avoid the slight bleeding.  I also try to avoid taking antibiotics, because it wipes out  the entire population of good and bad bacteria in your digestive tract.  According what I read, we have around 25 trillion good and bad bacteria in the system.  When we take antibiotics, it wipes out the entire colony of bacteria, and so the body has to start all over again, repopulating the bacteria, is what I read.  By the way, I also read that when blood is present in the urine, the chances of it being cancer is 10% if you are over 40 years of age.  If you are under 40 years of age, the percentage goes down to 1%.  So the odds are on your side. Best of health 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.