Blood in urine ??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve had two urine samples taken both showed blood but no infection - has anyone else experienced this? Not given anything to treat from doctor.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi amber...did the lab result say “trace amount” or anything like that?  I’ve had a couple of red blood cells show in a urine sample before...for me, it was nothing...I didn’t have any symptoms, etc...
    • Posted

Nurse checked and blood showed up 

Lab said no infection 

• Posted

Hi Amber, 

I've experienced this more then once too. No infection, blood work always comes back fine, but yes since I've been going through menopause I do have traces of blood in my urine. I use to worry about it but I don't now. 

• Posted

I don’t know whether I should be worried or not do I keep following up on tests or just accept it as part of meno?
    • Posted

Yes I've had this happen too. It doesn't mean anything bad. It just happens sometimes. Not to worry.

• Posted

Why did you give the urine specimens? Regardless of why, ask your GP to test another specimen for blood traces (easy to do in the surgery) and if it is positive ask for a referral to urology. It will probably be nothing of concern but it can also be an indication of other things which should not be ignored. I'm sure you will be fine but make sure your symptoms are checked properly and not just dismissed. xx

• Posted

I gave sample to be tested because of symptoms.  I will follow up for sure but drs don’t seem to know what the cause is,
  • Posted

Blood in urine is caused by something,it's not something which has no cause, particularly when it's ongoing  Usually it's a microscopic amount which can't be seen with the naked eye, but it should always be investigated.  There can be lots of causes but don't be fobbed off, even if any other symptoms have subsided. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.