Blood in urine?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve had two urine samples taken both showed blood but no infection - has anyone else experienced this? Not given anything to treat . 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

cOULD BE POLYP IN BLADDER......HAS THE DOCTOR SET UP A SCAN AND A CYSTOSCOPY ?

IF IT IS IT WILL BE REMOVED....DONT LEAVE IT.... THEY CAN TURN CANCEROUS, BUT DON'T BE ALARMED MOST ARE NOT.... IF IT IS CAUGHT EARLY  IT CAN BE DEALT WITH.   SUCCESS RATES ABOVE 90%

• Posted

Blood usually shows up in my urine and I know it does with a lot of other people I talked to. Are we talking about a good amount of blood where you can actually see it in your urine, which I have seen sometimes but it has been a while since that? Do you have any problems with urination like pain and frequency or is it just the blood that is worrying you? Usually the doctors I have seen don't really look into that so I'm thinking that they believe it is normal. 

• Posted

It’s not visible only detected by strips. I need to go back for follow up and see what they do next.
    • Posted

I think you would be smart to follow up about it. I have seen actual blood in my urine but it has gone away. The sooner you figure out the problem the better. It took me almost two and half years while trying everything possible with all the doctors and procedure/therapies you can imagine. Some problems are harder to pinpoint than others. Don't let them just brush it off if it really concerns you. My main problem is this urge to urinate all day long and some doctors wonder why it bothers me so much. I mean seriously now would any of them be able to do their jobs if they had to urinate the whole time they were doing a patient consultation or even throughout the whole day when they had to see a bunch of patients. Did you find the blood on the strips that you use at home?

• Posted

hi i too have blood in my urine i only know when the doctor told me by urine tests been going on ages now been told on the last test no infection or growth only blood in urine got appointment in march for ultrasound doctor said last time could be cause im due my period so been asked to do another test to see if blood still there anxiety quite high right now

• Posted

Yes, MUST  get a follow up. As I say it is probably a polyp (or an infection)   but they cannot tell untiul the do a cystoscopy
    • Posted

I will definitely follow up and get a referral for further investigation.
  • Posted

Hi

I had the exact same issue, as have many people on this forum! I had blood in my urine for over 3mths. I have read somewhere that 99% of people with this have no serious issues. However I would definitely follow this up and maybe ask for a cystoscopy for complete  peace of mind. 

• Posted

What did they finally find, if anything?

• Posted

Hi Amber, surprised nothing given or further action re blood in urine? 7 years ago I kept getting cystitis and unseen blood and it was the beginning of bladder cancer - all successfully treated. Now I am bleeding again but no cystitis and had a CT scan showing a 2.5 cm tumour in my bladder - waiting to go in for its removal and sent away for analysis - so please get this checked out again it could be nothing. A fried of mine has horrendous bleeding when weeing but tests show it is just IC. Good luck

Jean

• Posted

I too have had blood in urine for 2 1/2 months now. I've had a cyoscopy (look inside bladder), a ultrasound of my kidneys and next will have some polyps removed from uterus. No bacteria, no UTI. Just wondering what other people have found with same experience? Thanks

• Posted

HI after cystoscopy and ultrasound they decided it was due to oestrogen depletion so treated with oestrogen,

• Posted

Hi not sure what it is my appointment is 13th March doctor didn't put it through as urgent so got to wait till then just want to know what is wrong I'm very anxious person so need to get it sorted.

• Posted

I understand it feels awful waiting but take comfort from the fact they didnt mark as urgent. if cystoscopy clear then thats one less worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.