Blood in Urine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone on here ever had blood loss with a UTI. I noticed fresh blood on my bed sheets in the morning and on a panty liner as well as in the loo.I have had a blood test for ovarian cancer and urine sample tested, which have all come back normal. I have not experienced any pain apart from a dull ache across my lower abdomin. I'm post menopausal so it cannot be a period. I've had blood in my urine before with a UTI, but never to that extend, has anyone had anything similar?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

UTIs come and go. Most likely it's the UTI happening again

• Posted

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Yes I've had quite a number of UTI's, but this time I was quite concerned about the amount of blood, which mainly occured during sleep. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced a larger than normal amount of blood x

• Posted

Well, I am a 37-year old guy from a South Asian country. I faced few bouts of hematuria last year. Went to a nephrologist and three different urologists. They couldn't find out initially what the problem was. A few months later I passed a sizeable kidney stone while peeing. I did not have any significant pain during the blood in urine incidents though.

Back then the doctors had told me (as they could not find the stone during ultrasound) that it's possibly an injury inside my urethra/bladder/prostate or it could be a complicated UTI.

I haven't had hematuria since. But often pass smaller kidney stones.

• Posted

Hi, Thanks again for your reply. It had crossed my mind that it could be a kidney stone that is causing the blood. I have an appointment with a gynecologist in a week or so as I think my GP wants to rule out any problems there. Once that is out of the way, I'll go back to my GP and see what she suggests. Unepected blood loss is always a worry! Thanks for taking time to reply to me as you have confirmed what I had in the back of my mind.

• Posted

Anytime.... I went through anxiety myself last year. This forum was a lot of help then. Doing much better now. Praying that your issues get resolved as well and soon. Thank you
  • Posted

Have you had any further testing?  I ask because I"m experiencing the same and have an appt next week to ask my family dr.   I have gone to walk in clinic for my last two episodes and all I got was "could be a bladder stone".  I have had visible blood in urine twice in last four months.  First time there was infection and this time no infection.  I"m worried and also confused by it all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.