Blood in urine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had been treated for uti for 6 days in the hospital with blood in urine after 2 days of discharge I noticed blood in my urine(post) currently I am on oral antibiotic nitrofurantoin after my discharge,. My USG report shows no stone or tumor in my urinary tract and my prostrate measures 4.3x2.6x3.6 corresponding to 21.8gm I have my appointment with my GP after 2 weeks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

That is interesting you have been prescribed Nitrofurantoin because an eminent urologist stated to me that it is only suitable for the ladies.  He said that because it is useless to penetrate the prostate cells. Our two hospitals confirmed to me that they give as a first line antibiotic Ciprofloxacin but that is sometimes a problem for some re side effects but it did cure me of an infection I feel I have had for years on and off.

As per Mimms directive ( the chemists and doctors 'bible'wink I took it for a month (500 mg td). A month on Trimethoprim seemed to work but my symptoms came back with a vengeance but not after the Cipro.......

The lead urol nurse told me they always gave Cipro for Prostatitis.

The male urologist on the other hand told me ---"you can't prove you have had an infection"    This person also says a male cannot infect a female with an infection!   There is a rude word for that type of so called doctor!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.