Blood in Urine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I'm a 38 yr old, female, nonsmoker.

Almost 6 wks ago, I went to ER with lower back and pelvic pain. CT scan with contrast was normal along with normal urine screen and blood labs. Some protein was found in urine. Pain subsided after about 1 week.

Two weeks ago, I started having pink/red urine. Went to a walk in clinic. Blood labs drawn, blood and protein in urine. Blood labs came back all normal. Was referred to a urologist. Pain at that point came and went but was intense at times.

Urologist cultured urine at appointment and ordered cytology, both came back normal. Having Ivp done next week, and a Cystoscopy the following week.

I am terrified that something is very wrong. Urine still bloody with small speck like clots. Pain is bearable but seems to worsen at night when im trying to get to sleep.

I did have a partial hysterectomy and bladder sling surgery in 2013.

Any ideas out there?????

Many thanks,

Candi

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems.

Have they eliminated the possibility of an autoimmune disease (e.g. IgA nephropathy)?

A person may have no other symptoms but blood in urine and elevated protein in urine.

Have kidney stones been eliminated as a possibility? What about sand? What kind of water are you drinking?

Have they done cultures on different bacteria not just the usual suspects?

Have you seen your gynecologist?

Are your blood sugar and pressure fine?

I'm sorry I don't have any better ideas.

Hang in there. Sometimes are bodies just need time to heal. In the meantime do what relaxes you. Find meditations and visualizations. They have helped me relax and improved my overall wellbeing.

I would also watch my diet. Try to limit sodium and drink sugar free drinks (water, herbal teas...), as well as alcohol. Try to eat veggies and fruits and lean meats (fish, poultry).

• Posted

I too have blood in my urine. Started a few months back. I've had my kidneys checked, a scope inside my bladder and in a couple weeks will have some cysts? removed from my uterus. Do not have a UTI. I did have horrible back pain when it first started, then went to one side. They can't figure where blood is coming from. Just looking for answers. Anybody?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.