Blood in urine, just twice though?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had very visible blood in my urine, twice in 24 hours, no pain, stinging, etc, but went to the doctors anyway as scared me a bit!

He tested for UTI - this was all clear, had full blood count test done, and liver and kidney function tests. Liver and kidneys are fine, blood test came back 'abnormal' but he said that was nothing to worry about as I haven't got any other symptoms so am obviously fine.

I can't help thinking it should be looked into more? Or is it just me over worrying because of all of these 'have you got blood in you pee' adverts that seem to be everywhere at the moment?

I'm female, 34yrs, non smoker, reasonably healthy - i think?!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi bustergirl 

i can sympathise as when i had blood in my urine i had treatment for it, and was sent for a cystoscopy to check the bladder was okay ..

jay x

• Posted

Hi bustergirl 

you wasnt on a period or anything where you at the time..

maybe yours is okay... Mine was deffo a uti and i got meds to clear, but as i suffered with a sensitive bladder for a while back then i was sent for a cystoscopy .. ( all was okay) 

jay x

• Posted

Hi jayneejay

No definately wasn't on my period, and after the first time it happened I was very careful just to 'dab a little' rather than wipe so I could be sure where the blood was coming from smile

I hate to distrust the doctor its just been bugging me, especially after my 'abnormal' blood results - whatever they mean?!!

I'm due my annual meds review in march so will ask about it in more detail perhaps when i see the doctor in person, over the phone they tend to be in a bit of a rush

Thanks for the reply

• Posted

Hi hun

i can imagine

i would want to know which blood test result were not okay, and why..

not only that if they are not quite right the should be monitored and re done in a few weeks ..

jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.