Blood in Urine Non Visable

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had blood in my urine for months now. 

Checked by urine check at GP.

I have had two previous episodes of excruciating pain in my back. (kidneys) 

Doctor believes Kidney stones passing... 

The blood in my urine is worrying me as I am worried about what it could be. 

I am 25 with no other health

Issues apart from being overweight.

I don’t drink a lot of fluid and urinate the average amount during the day

And night. 

Any ideas???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jemma

Have you seen a Urologist ?  Had a CT Scan of your kidneys, bladder region?  Have you had any blood work done to check your kidneys function ?  Have you had a 24 hour urine catch test ?  These are things that I believe should be done as soon as possible.  Having blood in the urine for several months is just not normal.  Cut back on Salt & Sugar intake. Steer clear of Diet soda or any soda for that matter.  Drink a lot of water to flush out toxins in the kidneys.  Cranberry & Lemon Juice mixed helps kidneys too.  Contact a Urologist and try to get 

an appointment as soon as you can.  I speak with experience as I have stones in both of my kidneys.  So get that call made to see a Urologist!!  Best Wishes to You Jemma  Take Care & Keep in touch  ~ Faith

• Posted

Thank you so much for you reply. 

I haven’t had anything done apart from Urine test.

I have a major needle phobia hence the reason why no blood work has been done. 

Doctor did suggest that. I do have an appointment to see my own GP to discuss further on Tuesday. 

Just quite concerned now that the blood

Is still there I have no other symptoms. 

I do drink a lot of diet soda and soda and don’t drink water. 

I am making a point of drinking lots of water from today. 😢

Very anxious.

Nurse said it could be an underlying infection or the stones could be scratching my bladder as they are moving around.

I don’t really like doctors or hospitals. So tried my best to avoid them.

Thank you for the well wishes and I hope your kidney stones are keeping at bay. Xxx 

• Posted

Blood in the urine is expected IF it's kidney stone(s). I think you need confirmation of what it is though. The episodes you describe sure sound like stones, but I am no doctor. CT scan and blood work are warranted. Meanwhile, drink lots of water. Ditch the soda for now, if not entirely. Unfortunately, overindulging the soda is highly conducive to forming stones. Ask for pain meds to help cope with the stone passing. My doc gave me Oxycodone for pain and Zofran for nausea. Some people don't get nausea, but I did. It doesn't hurt to have it just in case. Chug water and try not to worry. Sometimes stones pass spontaneously with little to no pain. Keep us posted. You're in good company here!

• Posted

Hi Jemma

I know it sounds flippant to say don’t worry about the blood in your urine but if your doctor has diagnosed kidney stones then you will get that from time to time. The blood is from where the stone irritates the lining of your ureter as it passes through and is normal. Make sure you drink sufficient water to flush your kidneys through and this will help reduce your stone size and pain 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.