BLOOD IN URINE NOT AN INFECTION

Posted , 5 users are following.

i recently visited the doctors with a pain near my waist and after providing a urine sample the doctor said there was blood in my urine which was not an infection and is sending me for an ultrasound next week 20/01/15.to say i am worried is an understatement as i have read all sorts of worrying facts on the net,i am a 50 year old male and have noticed for the past year i have been going to the toilet more often i have had the blood tests for prostate cancer which cam back negative so what could it be?am i doomed to have kidney or bladder cancer?i have also lost some weight but nothing alarming at the moment and get a little short of breath and tired,can anyone put my mind at ease please?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Andrew Try not to worry too much as blood in urine can be caused by about half a dozen reasons Most people worry about it too much including myself Last year I passed some blood, but it was because of a stone in the bladder and strictures .Diabetes, a cyst, stones in the kidneys can also be a cause
  • Posted

thank you for answering me i know its not diabetes as i have been checked for that and think there would be more pain with kidney stones i will just have to wait and see.many thanks

ps the blood was not visible

• Posted

Hi Andrew,

The same happened to me this week, only the blood was very visible as in it looked like just blood with clots.  I have an appointment for ultrasound and to see urologist 20/1/2015 as well. Hope everything goes well for you as I know how you feel, you cannot help but worry.

• Posted

hi elizebeth how did you get on?i insisted that the nurse tell me before i had the scan if anything showed up and it did not thank god just got to make an appointment to see the doctor next week and see what happens next xx
    • Posted

Hi Andrew, thanks for your message - good news then 😊.  My ultrasound scan did not show anything obvious, but I have an appointment for the dreaded cystoscopy in Feb, so...😕.  I have had an ecoli infection though, so hopefully that was what caused the problem.  Hope you go on o.k. with the doc next week - keep me informed x
  • Posted

Hello Andrew & Elizabeth.

I wish the very best for you.

I am in the same situation. From Oct 2014 til now.. I have had reoccuring UTI / Cystitis with gross hematuria. I have had numerous catscans and blood work in the E.R ( im in the U.S ...so i think its A&

• Posted

I am 27 yrs old female..non smoker..overweight..pre diabetes... my urology consulatation is feb 2, 2015.

nervous abit..but rdy to get this over with

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.