Blood in wee

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had blood in my wee for a day also it felt like I need to wee a lot more often but it was only a dribble when I went to the loo also a tingling feeling which is still the but no blood now and wee a lot and more then a dribble any ideas what it could be please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It would be worth taking a urine sample to your doctor, initially for a dip test, and then if it shows an infection, then for it to be lab tested to identify the organism. If not infected, then your doctor should arrange other investigations, as it could be a symptom of cancer, eg in the kidneys.
  • Posted

Sounds like a significant UTI. Go to an urgent care or see if your physician can see you ASAP. Sometimes they will call a medication in for you. For uncomfortable pain and burning/tingling, I use the Azo urinary pain relief with 2-3 ibuprofen so I can tolerate the uncomfortable feeling. But you still need evaluated. Good luck!
  • Posted

Sounds like a classic uti, like others have said you need to have your urine tested, in the meantime start drinking plenty of water as this will help to flush things through, also stop drinking anything with caffeine in as caffeine aggravated it, no fruit juices either, but get a sample off to your docs today if poss.

Phoebe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.