Blood on toilet paper

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone,

About me:

- 28 years old

- 190cm/6.2ft tall, and 90kg/200 pounds

- train 3 times a week, with weights and I also squat (maybe this can be important)

- for me bowel movements were always an issue, by issue I mean that I cannot do it in 2-3 minutes like normal people, for me it takes around 10 since I was a little child, but never went to the doctor with it

- if I stress because of something (going out, or I am on a holiday etc.) then my bowel movements often gets a little bit out of control, so almost everything give me a little diarrhea, but I am quite sure that it is stress all related. After I am back home, and back in my comfort zone, it gets back to normal immediately.

- about once in a month I have some pain after bowel movements around my anus for about 15 minutes. It is not that bad, so I can walk, do anything I want, but something that I definitely feel and when I sit down I am a little bit hesitant, so I sit down on chairs a bit slowly. This is the situation for about 15-20 minutes after I am done and then the pain goes away. I notice that it mostly happens when I have only 1 bowel movement the day before. I eat a lot and I digest pretty quickly (I was skinny when I was young, and I had to eat a lot to gain some weights), so normally I go to the toilet 2 times during workdays and 1 to 2 during weekends.

On this Saturday (24th of February) I had the bowel movement with the pain afterwards, and it went away. I had only 1 bowel movement that day, and then the day after during number 2 I noticed some blood on the paper. My stool was quite hard, at least it was quite painful when it left me, as I felt that it is definitely straining my back door (this is rarely the case and it was unusually painful this time, so I was like WTF is this), and there was not blood in the toilet or in/around my stool (at least I could not see it and the water was clear). The stool also had a normalish color, so not very dark for sure. The blood was there at the beginning of wiping and then it went away. It was definitely noticeable amount (could have been 1-2 drops), and it was fresh, very light red. It is definitely not from wiping as normally I wipe pretty hard, so I know what that is like and it is the first time ever, that I have noticed anything like this, and that is why I am worried. It happened again during the afternoon, but with a little bit less blood and without the pain of pushing. On Monday (26th of February) it seems that the blood disappeared and everything is back to normal. My stool is a little bit looser, but I am quite sure that it is because I am stressing a lot because of this blood. What should I do? Should I go to the GP? Or should I just calm down and do not take is seriously until it happens again? There was no blood in my pants during the day it happened only when I was on the toilet, and water+stool seemed bloodless even when I was examining it with a flashlight.

Thank you for reading, and thank you for the help!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi laciO6

Go to the GP- tell him of your situation and give him detailed info of your habits-he may suggest a colonoscopy-( it may not be necessary to do this -?) It's all down to the GP's opinion.

Also write down any other questions you may have -

We are not professionals on this site- guessing isn't what we do.(could be a lot of different things)!

Let us  know what happens.

Susan.

• Posted

Well sounds a lot like straining, constipation and very tough BM’s.  Do you feel you get enough fiber?  Do you get your recommended water intake/day?

It’s quite amazing how BM’s can respond to the smallest environmental change.  If you don’t consume a lot of fiber maybe try to start with a little more fruit / or a salad a day and make sure you get your water intake.  In fact over indulge on water for a week.

Blood is blood however so watch it and attempt to relate it back to something but don’t let blood go for too long.  If it is consistent and remains for a few days / week get into see a doc and DO NOT let him / her dismiss you.  Nothing worst than you making the effort to go in and they don’t be thorough.

• Posted

Constipation? In general, or for this one occasion? Because I think in general I am fine, if anything I am on the other side, so it is never a problem for me to go to the toilet, just it takes for me a while until everything gets out. I am trying to add more fiber to my diet recently in the form of cereals (not the typical cereal with sugar, but the one with lot of grains), I try to eat a little fruit and some veggies every day, but truth be told I think I eat about half kilogram of meat every day too. I drink at least 2-2.5 liters in form of green/black tea (without any sugar etc.), plus some water sometimes, so I think my water intake is at least 3-4 liters each day.

Today I had 2 BM's, I checked both and there was no blood anywhere (there was some on the paper after I finished wiping, but I am pretty sure it is because of the wiping as there was none until I almost finished wiping and as I said I am pretty, probably too thorough with that).

I am going to see the GP, but I think based on my symptoms it is highly unlikely that she will send me to the hospital. Should I push her? With pushing I am sure she will do anything that I want, but I am not sure that I should do anything now other than being more aware of it and pay more attention to it and if happens again then examine it properly.

• Posted

Dear laci I'm not a doctor but it could just be hemmroids especially if it's not much you are young and take care of yourself if you don't have abdominal pain or alternating bowel movements you probably are ok and if your not losing weight but a doctor could ease your mind keep us posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.