Blood oxygen

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hv heart conditions. I check on oximeter my blood oxygen meter is 95. Is it enough. Or dangerious.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What is your heart condition?

I was told that below 93 may be a problem. If you take a few deep breaths, sats should go up.

• Posted

When I was first diagnosed with AF and got a pulse oximeter I thought I had to aim for 100% but apparently not. In my opinion 95 is quite normal. More importantly how do you feel in yourself?
    • Posted

I feel shortern of breath heart sinking. Dr said i hv anxiety but i said its heart problem. So i check my blood oxygen on oximeter. Wht is your age?
  • Posted

Normal, husband discharged from local hospital mini heart unit, with OXY at 81, I looked at nurses who shrugged their shoulders in front of Dr, as soon as he had left room they told me to take him to another hospital across town, which has a dedicated heart unit, they kept him 8 days. And yes he does have a major heart condition, dialated cardiomyopathy, and all the underlying issues that come with a cardiomyopathy, valves, electrical system of heart not working correctly, with ejection fraction at that first discharge of 23%. 

Dr that discharged him is still at local hospital, seems to be protected species by powers that be, would not go there unless seriously ill, and certainly not for heart condition.

• Posted

Lyn thanks for your long answer but i hv a problem. I m from.Pakistan . My english is not good so i cannot understand what do you say. Please explain in simple english if you dont mind. Thanks alot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.