Blood pressre

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok everybody, I hate to be that idiot from Ohio, my blood pressure drops about a week after phlebotomy.  I have high bp thanks to my parents, however controlled with diet and exercise.  My problem is that about a week after phlebotomy, my pressure is 112/80.  I'm 6'2 214 lbs. when I bend over I see stars.   I drink only water and sports drinks.  My urine is clear( I'm a finatict)

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zach, idiots from Ohio probably wouldn't ask ... I don't have a medical answer just my own. Sports drinks mess with your electrolites so regardless of why I would be drinking the milky tea they (gastrologists) suggest. The tannins bind iron the milk stops iron being pushed into the liver. Drank with meals rehydrates you and protects and stops a huge amount of absorption. Also it could be something seperate, not the Haemochromatosis at all, as we still have other stuff unfortunately. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Zach,

I think 112/80 is actually a normal blood pressure, and it seems weird that you would be able to do all the bending over you want right after phlebotomy and for the following week, and only then start to see stars as a result of bending over.  So I'm I’m wondering if maybe I’ve misunderstood your question - do you mean that:

Before phlebotomy, your blood pressure is higher than normal (but not as high as it would be because of your diet and exercise) OR your blood pressure is normal (because of your diet and exercise) but higher than 112/80?

After phlebotomy, your blood pressure is the same as it was before phlebotomy and then about a week after phlebotomy suddenly your blood pressure drops from whatever it was to 112/80 OR after phlebotomy your blood pressure starts slowly dropping until at about a week after phlebotomy it gets down to 112/80?

When you get to the part about seeing stars, do you mean that you see stars when you bend over OR you see stars when you straighten up from bending over or . . . . ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.