Blood pressure 134/113

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don’t know if I should have, but I took my blood pressure about 30 minutes after I took a 30 minute walk.   My home monitor gave me a scary bottom reading of 113!  I waited like 1 minute then took it again was 105/74.  Should I be concerned if I get a high reading but then it goes down soon after?    Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hell thats a good number.  As for the few points difference that’s all devices.  
  • Posted

That's why they say not to take BP when you have just exercised ! Mine however does the opposite when I've been for a walk. They say you should wait for half an hour or so. Surprised it only took a minute for it to get back to normal.

• Posted

How did you feel when you had that reading? Did you feel fine? 
    • Posted

I felt totally fine.  Got crazy stressed though.  Lol.   Then one minute later it goes down 20 and 30 points!   Idk if maybe my monitor is starting to screw up!  I’ve had it a few months.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.