BLOOD PRESSURE 300/200

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi long story I found out last may I had high blood pressure after one of my eyes went funny had a dark patch when I was looking ....... I went to get my eyes tested ..... they did they tests panicked the whole place into a frenzy after telling me something wasn't right sent me straight up to hospital ..........after waiting what seamed like forever .......was finally seen to the doc took one look at my eyes and asked a nurse to take my blood pressure. .......the nurse couldn't get the machine to work and was very confused called the doc over who then got a manual bp machine got my bp to a reading of 300/200 I could then see he was in a panic told me then I wasn't going home that night my bp was the highest he had ever seen ......so was in hospital for 2 week hdu for 7 days had mri ct scans to see what was going on blood tests ect ..... after all these test they never found a reason for such high bp since then been on 4 different types of tablets to help bring my bp down all was going well till couple of months ago started to rise again so upped and upped my tablets to they highest dose still not much better went to go and see the cardiologist on tue who has now said I need to go on another tablet ....he said he has never met anyone so young am 35 ......with such high blood pressure and not been able to find a cause...... so he's gunna try me on this tablet if it still high they going to do some retesting and look at anything else that it could be just wanted to share my story and see if anyone has had a similar experience thank you in advance for taking the time to read steph

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That's pretty high all right!  Kind of puts it beyond my experience as just a fellow patient.  But I guess I can ask if you take any other drugs or supplements, in particular turmeric/curcumin.

• Posted

I have been taking turmeric for joint pain it does not seem to have lowered my BP although it is said that high doses of turmeric can lower blood sugar or blood pressure, Ulbricht said, which means people taking diabetes or blood-pressure medication should use caution while taking turmeric supplements. People preparing for surgery should avoid turmeric supplements because turmeric can increase the risk of bleeding.

• Posted

I've been taking turmeric for years, especially the more concentrated and standardized curcumin versions.  ANYONE taking turmeric should note that it is an MAOI, a type-2 MAOI which is not quite as hazardous but still needs to be known.  Search on "MAOI cheese" and see something that can send your BP 20, 30, 50+ points higher.  I had not realized this was a hazard until just weeks ago, and in spite of the fact that I tell all doctors I am taking turmeric, and even remind them that turmeric is a "weak" MAOI, none had ever warned me about this "cheese" business.

• Posted

Glad I didn't start using this, thanks for the warning.

• Posted

Well actually ... millions of people in the US use turmeric/curcumin for a variety of reasons, and I'm guessing virtually nobody realizes this MAOI connection.  Just how they all missed it is a mystery - but then I missed it too for almost twenty years!

?And on the other hand hundreds of millions of people use huge amounts of turmeric in their food every day, and have for millennia, and it causes few or no problems - I presume because it tends to go with diets that lack the other side, lack the cheese or other tyramine-rich foods.

It's the combination that must be watched for.

• Posted

HI Stephie,

?I was already being treated for high BP with an anxiety drug which is known to affect the Central Nervous System which raised it even higher.

?I was consistently about 220 systolic and sometimes up to 255.

GP had no idea what the cause was and I ended up taking more drugs up the maximum level of NICE recommendations.

?I decided to withdraw from them and after investigation found there was risk involved in trying to mix CNS affecting drugs with others which increased my heart's QT interval.

?Regards

Bob

• Posted

I guess they checked out your thyroid, kidneys and adrenals? There are around 10% of people with HBPwho fall into one of the above categories.
    • Posted

Just standard blood tests, which I guess looked OK.  Though I'm having some reasons now to question this a bit, will be discussing some with doctor at next checkup.

?Always check your meds, read the inserts, and check the Internet, because the doctors do not always do so.  The pharmacy is sometime better at detecting drug interactions.  Maybe in a few years some robot doctors will be helpful too.

• Posted

I've had readings in excess of 300. Numbers by interartial line was 375 systolic. My diastolic is over 200 at times. 6 meds plus daily IV med brings it down to 240/170.

• Posted

wow thats impressive. ...... have the docs done test for secondary hypertension? ? have you had any other problems headache. ......problem with your eyes I almost lost my sight with the presure behind my eyes ? x
    • Posted

No eye problems. I'm sitting here measuring it right now. 250/180.

Earlier today l knew my diastolic was over 200. Whenever it goes above 200 my forearm veins become severely distended. Was given 40mg Hydralazine IV. On the upside at least the nurse doesn't miss the vein.

• Posted

If your BP is 300 / 200 you should be in a hospital  bed!
    • Posted

I was for 2 weeks I was very ill as you can imagine. ...
    • Posted

I'm on labatol 400mg ramipril 10 mg lercanidipine 20mg doxazosin 8mg indapamide 2.5 which is keep my bp down so far so gd ...

• Posted

Determing the cause of your high BP should be a priority as I am sure it is. There are a number of difficult to isolate causes to uncontrolled hypertension. Just hope your GP and/or hospital consultant is performing the appropriate tests. Simply cycling through meds to see which ones work is not the best idea!
    • Posted

yes it is my priority after 2 years of tests mris blood urine test...changing tablets finding the right tablets going to docs every 2-4 weeks.... I just wanna get on enjoying my life not stressing or thinking what the future holds ect my bp is under control under 130 now they is no answer for me just have to take the pills which I mostly take at night ......I guess that is the hardest thing for most people having no answer for me it turned my life upside down Ive gone from taking no pills to taking 9 a day... been through such dark days feeling what's the point all I do I pill pop .....but I feel now I wanna enjoy life plan for the future and smile spred happiness. ....

• Posted

Stay close with your medical personnel. God bless and have a wonderful future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.