Blood pressure

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I've been wondering if my low blood pressure is contributing to my fatigue. Does anyone else have low blood pressure? Mine is consistently low and has been all my life.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephanie!  I had low blood pressure most of my life and when I first became ill standing up would often leave me really dizzy and nauseated.  This was helped once I had medicinge for hypothyroidism.  Have you had your thyroid levels checked?  Often these autoimmune disorders go together.  It might be worth getting it checked if you haven't done so already.

• Posted

Stephanie,

I have had the same suspicion.   I also struggle with low blood pressure.  I have been told by the doctor to increase my salt intake.  Also, I know that increasing water intake is suppose to help.

Like Shreddie, I was given medicine for hypothyroidism.

Dawn

• Posted

I also have low blood pressure. I feel awful if I stand for too long like all the blood is sitting in my feet which makes me really lightheaded. I feel better if I lie down or sit with my feet up.
  • Posted

Have you had your blood volume checked,Dr Bell notice that people with CFS can also have low blood volume which will cause fatigue,note low blood pressure does not mean low blood volume they are different.Dr Bell had a cfs patient with a blood volume as low as 65% with severe CFS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.