Blood pressure

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I went doctors today & they took my blood pressure they didn't say say thing but I had a look

I researched it when I got back & it says that I have high blood pressure it was 128/80 - if this is high why hasn't my doctor mentioned it???

I'm worried now!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your doctor didn't mention it because that is not high. It's normal

There's a danger in doing research for health matters . Innacurate information and patients finding serious illnesses to "match " their symptoms when no serious illness exists

It requires a trained medical professional such as your GP, with all the facts at his fingertips, with your medical history before him, to make a true diagnosis.

Stay of google for health symptoms

Youre fine so no more worrying

• Posted

Spot on, mine generally is about the same.

Anything over 140 is said to be on the border, I am in my sixties, how old are you.

Been a Pensioner keeps mine down to something like above

Do not worry all ok

B.

• Posted

Your reading for your age is spot on, nothing to worry about.

Before I was started on Statins my blood pressure was upward 140/90 and that was on the accepted limit for a Pensioner.

I am now at the same limit as you and that is the normal reading for someone at your age. I have just had blood pressure done in hospital and GP and my readings are the same.

Please stop worrying 

B.

• Posted

Beautiful blood pressure reading to be honest. And if that is you stressed i am very impressed. Thats not high. Probably better then most of the people even on medications to control their pressure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.