Blood. Pressure

Posted , 2 users are following.

Lately my blood pressure has gone up they've already been in the hospital for it they said I had low sodium my electrolytes are out of balance I have fix that now my blood pressure is high 176 / 94 right now it makes me go into seizures I have to take an extra medicine lisinopril and Atenolol I don't want to go to the hospital it's 30 degrees out my children are tired of me having this problem I am so very upset is giving me anxiety which I know will make it worse does anybody else have this problem I have been to the hospital and the doctors so many times

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

diana88467..first off...I'm going to write something you may not like. You say your children are tired of you having this problem. Too bad!! YOU are the patient, YOU are the one dealing with this situation, NOT them!!!! ..unless of course they are tired of it because nothing seems to be working.

Your bp went up...landing you in hospital. Ok..here we go...you had low blood sodium..& the electrolytes were out of balance. THOSE will boost the bp readings..big time!! Did they not explain that to you. When these things get out of whack, the body will react. Low sodium in the blood can be just as bad as too much sodium. Electrolytes are very important as well. Potassium is another electrolyte..if it's too high..the body will react...the same as if it's too low. You can have heart palpitations, feel shaky, etc.etc. IF the potassium is too low, they may give you something that's like a thick sandy solution., & possibly a prescription for potassium to tide you over 'til you can see your GP.

Now you said you have to take extra medicine Lisinopril & Atenolol. What else are you taking??? How long have you been taking the Lisinopril & Atenolol & how much of that are you taking??? 

True..anxiety certainly can make things worse. If your anxiety is caused by the worry of your bp readings, you need to find a way to relax...not let it bother you so much.Easier said than done, I know...but in all reality, it is what it is. Try to think of it like this...it's a number..not a 4-headed monster. YOU are boss, NOT the number.

Good luck..please let me know how you get on .Best wishes.

• Posted

Thanks for the answer Mike it is pretty harsh my doctors really don't know which way to go it's possible it was from a spinal cord injury the fourth one the DEA and the CDC don't want anybody including me on benzos for anxiety or Norco for pain live in pain which raises your blood pressure and in anxiety because they want me to stop these well how do you stop pain from such severe painful disorders not so much the blood pressure but then neck and spine causing constant pain and the constant angina which Norco doesn't address but it causes anxiety I am 69 years old it's very hard to exercise my way out of things as far as the electrolytes go I'm just trying to do the best I can thanks for your blessing and I give it right back to you

• Posted

diana88467...Sorry, I wasn't meaning to be harsh with you, I was being strong about how you're being treated. I too have neck & spinal problems..narrowing of the nueural foraminal in the neck & worse at L5-S1..which they blame on the burning sensations in my legs, & very sore tight muscles in my neck. I have been involved in intense chiropractic treatment since September, & at least I'm getting some relief where the muscles are concerned. I will be seeing my Dr. shortly to see what can be done to stop the progression of the burning. I know if there's damage to nerves, it can't be reversed, but the progression certainly can be.

I see from your recent post, that some medication has been increased, & you're feeling better. That's GREAT news!.

I hope you continue to feel better, & Iwish you the merriest of the season!!

• Posted

A repost to my own condition with the high blood pressure going up at night my doctor increased my Lisinopril 20 in the morning and 20 milligrams at night seems to be down to a high normal and I'm feeling much better thank the Lord and my cardiologist it was nice to be able to post this and maybe help other people I will stay on this site Merry Christmas all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.