Blood Pressure

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking Mirtzapine 7.5gm for 3 months and have gained weight. However , my blood pressure has increased on the bottom line. I am managing to take just half a tablet per night but  my BP is higher than before.

Has anyone else had this problem or any advice.

Many thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bob, mirtazapine is well known for weight gain, I have put on lots!!

I think if you have gained over a stone it may be what's increased your blood pressure, but it could be something not related.

Although 7.5mg is a low dose it can still cause weight increase. If it gets above 90 you need to see GP I would suggest, may be connected to something else.

• Posted

Hi Bob

Can you just clarify, you've been taking 7.5 for 3 months, and you also say you take half a tablet - have you always been on 7.5 mg?

• Posted

Yes, I have 7.5mg tablets which I snap in half taking only one half, eqivalent 3.75mg. Our local pharmacy do not do less than 7.5.

I have never had more than 7.5

• Posted

OK thank you.  You are lucky to get the 7.5 mg tablets, they aren't available here in the UK.  

Often, not necessarily everyone, but Thyroid problems can be mistaken for symtoms of depression or insomnia - google:

can thyroid problem cause high blood pressure

see what comes up.

Wishing you well.

• Posted

I live in Wigan UK and get my 7.5mg through my GP and collect them from Boots.

Thank you for your thoughts

• Posted

Hey Bob, thank you.  How long have you had the 7.5 mg tablets?  Thats good news, really pleased - it will help people to be able to taper more carefully.
    • Posted

Been on them 5 months, taking half a 7.5mg pill nightly. As I weighed myself and have put on 12 pounds in weight I am trying to come off them gradually
  • Posted

For those that mentioned the 7.5mg you can split a 15mg tablet or capsule. Easy to buy gelatine caps from Amazon or a splitter.

Good luck to all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.