blood pressure

Posted , 4 users are following.

what's everyone's blood pressure and when you take it at home how many times do you you take it at once i was told lowest of 3

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Davey, my renal consultant has advised me to take 3 readings once a day, each 5 minutes apart and then record in a separate column the average of the last two readings.  However, my GP has recentlyd provided me with a pre-printed form, asking me to complete a 4-day recording for him, taking it morning and evening.  The morning reading is to be taken at 9am followed by another reading at 9.05am.  Then the evening reading is to be taken at 9pm followed by another reading at 9.05pm. He will then work out the average of the two morning readings and the two evening readings, recording them in another column.

So it seems Hobson's choice with each medic having slightly different suggestions for monitoring our BP.  I guess whichever method is chosen, they would all result in a similar outcome. 

• Posted

When my BP was fluctuating, I took them every few hours during the day. Now it has stabilized, so I only take it once every few weeks. Hank

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.