Blood pressure

Posted , 11 users are following.

hey everyone

does anyone else have issues with fluctuating blood pressure. seems that everytime i take it it comes back higher then my normal . i had this issues a few months back but then it went back to normal. i did see my GP in September and everything was fine and i had regular blood work which all.came back normal. is this a hormone thing or should i be real concerned. i do have anxiety and have also been feeling flushed and tension in the neck pretty consistently.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi

i have issues with blood pressure im on two types of tablets now to keep it normal

• Posted

HI yeah my blood pressure goes up snd down most days im on a beta blocker .... but think its the hormones now ive been on tablets way before the menopause i find taking a nice bath helps it go down to normal ....works for me

• Posted

thanks Jan

thats what i think my cardiologist is going to prescribe for me as well, a beta blocker since my heart rate seems to be too high also. dont know if all this is my hormones, my anxiety or my blood pressure at this point or maybe just a combination of all of them

• Posted

hi there -,i definitely think our whacked out hormones contribute to higher blood pressure, higher cholesterol & higher blood sugar glucose. i always had enviable cholesterol & blood sugar & now everything is creeping up. i heard that when our hormones are low it puts added pressure on other hormones like cortisol to regulate the body & when you have high cortisol you generally have elevated blood pressure. Try taking magnesium glycinol religiously & see if that helps to stabilize your B/P.

• Posted

My bp, cholesterol and sugar has also been creeping up since menopause. I always had 'low' blood pressure (98/60), low cholesterol (170) and normal sugars. Within the last 4 years since menopause, all have begun to rise and I am actually heating healther - go figure. My BP is still 'normal' but now 120's / 70's. Cholesteral is 205 and LDL is much higher than it used to be and my sugars now are 100-105.

Estrogen does so much and when it is gone it really does make a difference and not for the good unfortunately.

• Posted

Yes... I bought a BP device for my son's science project a few years back and I had become odsessed with it. And I found that my BP was on the high side. Then when I went to the stores I would take it there too which was on the high side. I visited the Dr a few times and she mentioned it was normal.. UGH So I just stopped my obsession with taking my own BP-- I'll just let the nurses do it for now. I do need to focus on a regular exercise program-- This past year I slacked off a bit.

• Posted

I've had high blood pressure for as long as I can remember. It had been well-controlled with a beta blocker (Coreg CR/carvedilol er) up until a few months ago when it was getting scary-high for me (high 150s over low 100s). In late November, my doctor increased my carvedilol dosage and added a very low dose diuretic (hydrochlorothiazide) and that worked really well, I was back down to ~120/80). In December, she had me decrease the carvedilol and keep the diuretic, but since then, my BP has been getting higher, with fewer good readings. I am to send my doctor a picture of my BP log in 2 weeks to tweak meds again. I definitely think peri has contributed to the changes, since it was well controlled for SO long with no tweaks in my meds (I'm talking 15 years, at least).

• Posted

I have high bp and on beta blockers but that wasn't even controlling it enough so I bought a resperate machine it really works and it calms the anxiety and stress all day

• Posted

it a bp machine you put headphones on and breathe with the tone my bp was going up every time I went to doc and now it's back down to 120 over 82 it really helped me you do it 15 minutes a day

• Posted

I also have blood pressure issues that I take two types of BP meds for and have for the last 6 years or so. I am 50 years old. I had uncontrolled BP that just climbed higher and I let it go. I ended up in the hospital with an acute episode of Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) as my cardiologist told me. It was the scariest event I have ever been through. I still have PTSD from that event. As peri-menopause/menopause has torn up my life, I have anxiety about any health even no matter how small. My BP still fluctuates even with the meds I take. It is baffling though I know it has to be hormone related. I am in full menopause 16 months without a period. My Doctor's PA told me she can't wait for menopause because of no periods. I said you have NO idea the hell it can unleash.

But to answer your question. Small spikes in BP is normal, if your BP stays up or is up more than normal you should have it checked out. Caffeine and sodium consumption can effects ones BP and hormones can definitely play a part.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.