Blood pressure

Posted , 4 users are following.

why is my blood pressure all different i take it allday everyday as im anxious i get readings of 121/97 then 130/90 then at night its 108/79 then when i wake up 120/90 then at lunchtime 133/99 then back down to 120/93 it is worrying me as my mum had high bloodpressure and died im not on any medication and doctor doesnt seem to be worried about it

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

How old are you? Is there a strong family history of hypertension?

Most men in my family when they reach near 50 , have been diagnosed with hypertension.

Tell your doctor/nurse to send you an eight days monitor sheet. Then you'd need to take your blood pressure for eight days, twice in the morning, twice in the evening and if the average is above 140/90 then yes, it's high blood pressure and you might need t take meds.

Hope that helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.