Blood Pressure and Aneurysm Scared? Help??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last 4/5 days I've been having this weird sensation like I'm whoozy headed or lightheaded, like I'm swaying but not actually, just feels like that in my head, and the left side of my neck feels achy sometimes or tingly. It makes me feel wobbly when I'm walking like I'm going to tipple or something. It's not a severe sensation, it doesn't stop me doing things just is there.

Anyway, I suffer with sever health anxiety and depression. I'm on Propranolol 80mg slow release for the last 4 months for my anxiety, which have helped immensely. I'm also Hypothyroid and I'm on Eltroxin 50mcg for that. I'm 30, female, don't drink or smoke, no drugs, sedentary lifestyle and about a stone overweight to give you an idea.

So Friday, I was having a bad day, felt like I couldn't breath, tighness etc, went doctors, he took my blood pressure which I seen at 133/103, not sure if it was due to being panicky and at doctors, but when I looked one later everyone was saying it was dangerously high and so on, which then freaked me out. He also check me with the stethoscopes and oximetwr which he said were fine. So I don't know.

I am really exhausted, I'm only sleeping 4/5 hours every night past week or two, last night only got about 3hrs. Not sure if it's adding to the whoozy feeing or not? And I can't think about anything else but this feeling, it's stressing me out a lot. My head feels tight and throb bing too but not like a headache, like having your hair up too much feeling, that make sense?

I keep thinking , dangerous high blood pressure, brain aneurysms, and other terrible stuff. What is it? I don't want to get more stressed out, I'm on beta blockers for the anxiety, which is really helping, but now I'm fearing aneurysms and such with the blood pressure, that reading was when I was having a anxiety attack and was at the doctors so don't know if it would be constant thing, they've checked my BP before it was fine, and my doctor didn't seem overly concerned when he took it this time so I'm freaking out a bit here.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Bridgid, I've had exactly the same symptoms you described since I was a teenager (now 28) after my diagnosis of hipertension, unfortunately that caused really bad health anxiety which in combination with high blood pressure is horrible it just make everything worse, I get the same pressure in my head and feel lightheaded but over the years I had many tests done to reassure I wasn't dying that's how I knew it was my anxiety all the time, I've learned to deal with it by using positive thinking, exercise, deep breathing etc.. I still get them every now and then but I know my triggers (stress, lack of sleep..) But I immediately take steps to feel better, just try to think positively and do things that makes you happy happy and feel relaxed, if you need to go to the doctor and get some test done it'll help a lot.

Take care!!

• Posted

Thanks for this, I'm probably just having a bad time with my anxiety and stress, so I start thinking the worst will happen, and why I've been getting scared of things like aneurysms and stuff.

• Posted

Would this cause a brain aneurysm? My lightheaded, whoozy feeling is not as bad today, still some mild tightness around back of my head, neck not as stiff, but was able to get a decent amount of hours sleep last night, so maybe that helped?

I just start getting panicky that a little head pain could be an aneurysm?

• Posted

Everything you just described is textbook Anxiety. I live with very similar symptoms and doctors have told me it is anxiety. Overworrying and HBP is just not a healthy combination.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.