Blood pressure drop?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hope someone can put my mind at rest here..

I got diagnosed with svt approximately 8 years ago.. I've had verapamil, followed by unsuccessful ablation then bisoprolol and flecanide combination.

The medication combo normally works, however, I've noticed that my blood pressure drops and my pulse never seems to be level.

I've done my blood pressure tonight and it's 90/39... Does anyone else have BP issues?

Thank you x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes.

After I take my beata blockers.

And other medications for the heart attack.

Roughly about 6/8 hours after I sometimes get a hot rush to my head.

Iv attended the accident and emergency unit 3 times with this.

Each time my heart rate drops down to 50 beats and my blood pressure goes up.

After a period of about 2 maybe 3 hours it rites itself and I feel ok again.

However the hospital accident and emergency unit don't want to change my tablets or the strengths

As I only had my heart attack 4 weeks ago.

And will be attending the cardiac rehabilitation soon.

So I think it's the cardiac rehabilitation unit who,ll be sorting me out.

• Posted

Your drugs are surely causing this.

I was taking only 1,25 Mg of Bisoprolol, and it would knock my BP from 130-ish to 90-95.

I couldn't walk, breathe, do anything. I had zero energy.

I have stopped taking BBs and I am still fighting with the witdrawal symptoms.

But since each of us have a different body and a different medical problem, what works for one person won't work for someone else.

But either way, you should call your doctor and tell him about your BP.

For some people, body adjusts over time and your low BP and other issues return to a more normal state.

But for others, like me, with each new day, the situation and side effects were worse and worse.

Please, talk to your doctor or pharmacist about lowering the dose of Bisoprolol or about switching to some other Beta Blocker.

Till then, monitor your BP and tell the doctor everything about your issues...

• Posted

Hi, I too have svt and had an unsuccessful ablation 9 years ago and have been on bisoprolol and flecainide up until recently. They have since stopped them both and started dronedarone ( I am not having a good time!) whilst awaiting another ablation.  My BP was low throughout the time when I was taking beta blockers though and in fact my usual BP would be around 90 systolic. A couple of times when I was having minor surgery they ended up keeping me in overnight because of my BP being too low despite me protesting that it was pretty normal for me! My HR too is often very slow at rest but can be quite labile in that it jumps around all over the place which can make me feel very unsettled (although nothing compared to what it has been since coming off the bisoprolol!!). Happy to discuss more if it would help?

Best wishes

Rachel

• Posted

Thank you for your message Rachel, my blood pressure issue is never detected at the hospital because it always goes back to normal!! I'm in two minds as to if the ablation surgery is worth a second go as I hated the first one!

Not sure what to do as I still get pains and shortness of breath, as well as dizzy spells. It's horrible!!

Charlotte

• Posted

I agree. My EPS/ablation was quite honestly one of the worst experiences of my life and I have been genuinely terrified about going for another one but at the moment I am so disabled by my symptoms that I am now left with no choice. Although I ahve to accept that there is still a chance this one will not be successful either. I too used to get the symptoms you are describing (and still do) and I'm never quite sure how much of this is due to side effects from the medication or problems related to my heart and the arrythmias. I agree. Really horrible and really limiting. I do find it reassuring when I read others' experiences to know that I am not alone in feeling like this as nobody warns you of these various symptoms when you go to clinic etc. Take care and honestly if you want to chat, I'm really happy to do so. R
    • Posted

I know what you mean about no one quite understanding what the symptoms are like, I guess I'm lucky as I still work a full week and carry on with everything.

I just hate the blood pressure blues as I refer to them, the tiredness and pain after an episode!

I hope your ablation works this time round, my last one I had a major rebleed after it which is the main thing that put me off!

My doctors have informed me today that flecanide is no longer being produced so it might push the cardiologist into reviewing my medication! C x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.