Blood Pressure, Hypertension and Eggplant juice

Posted , 6 users are following.

Perhaps this information can help someone:

I don't have hypertension, but my 88 year old mother does.  She has been to the Emergency Room  numerous times because of side effects from different BP medications.  Swelling of face, tongue and throat.   I bought an automatic BP machine about a year ago and whenever I would check her BP, it was extremely high, scary high.  Then she would say, "it's been like that for years".  Anyway, after numerous medications and still high numbers, my sister did some research and found that eggplant juice can naturally lower and control blood pressure.  So, I'm saying" yeah, right".  Well, a couple of days ago I take my mother to the store and the pharmacy has a brand new, sit down blood pressure machine.  So, we take her blood pressure and shockingly it was 120/80.  My jaw drops.  I'm shocked.  My mother says she's been making her own eggplant juice.  She is still taking the BP medication, but it never actually worked before.  So I know that it's the eggplant juice.  It apparently also helps with cholesterol numbers.   There are likely instructions you can look up.  Straight juicing seems to be the popular method.  You can also put it a powerful blender with water and ice.   Anyway, we are now looking into drinking this on a regular basis.  I hope you will try it. 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I will look into this for cholesterol, thanks for sharing and say hello to your mum and gladher numbers are great for her age
    • Posted

Thanks.  I am also thinking it will help my cholesterol.  My cholesterol numbers used to be excellent (140) until I took accutane, then it went to 200.  And that was almost 20 years ago.  Now I am around 190, which is still high.  But my BP is normal.  Doctors say I now have a fatty liver.  Likely, from the accutane. 
    • Posted

What that equate to in UK do you know, mines going down but still high, I'm exercising and trying to eat healthy, bp now average below 120/80
    • Posted

Hi there Jonathan   fatty liver is not permanent you can get rid of it with diet and excercise have you got abnormal liver function
    • Posted

As far as I know, they have not done a liver function test.  But, when I ended up in the emergency room about 6 years ago, they kept asking if I drink alot of alcohol.  I told them I don't drink.  They just saw in the records that I was diagnosed with an enlarged fatty liver, also called Cirrhosis.  But, it may have improved since then.  Like I mentioned, it was caused by taking the presciption drug accutane some 20 years ago.
  • Posted

what do you do to juice an egg plant, Ive bought one but its dry

there is no juice in it.... is this a joke

• Posted

I think you juice the whole one with lemon juice or other veg the thing I'm not sure of is does it have the same benefits cooked
    • Posted

Boiling the eggplant does reduce some of the benificial vitamins and nutients.  When juicing, you will need to add apple slices or carrots to mix with the eggplant, to extract its juice.  You can also use a blender, add water and ice, with smaller amouts of eggplant apples or carrots.  Drink it with pulp.  Or, blend with more water and afterward strain it with a large hole strainer. 

Pick eggplants with a taut, slightly resistant skin. Avoid spongy or rock hard eggplants.

In general, the smaller the eggplant, the sweeter it will be.

My mother does boil it to make the juice.  She peels the skin off, then dices to small cubes, then boils in about 1 1/2 quart of water for about 1 hour until it is mushy, stirirng occationally.  Then let it cool off.  Then put through a strainer and store in the fridge.  Drink 8 oz twice a day.

This method still lowers blood pressure,

• Posted

According to peoples testimony, the eggplant juice can also lower cholesterol numbers and improve blood flow.
  • Posted

can you get the same results from eating the egplant or putting eggplant into a smooth?
    • Posted

Yes, that will work.  We just made eggplant baba ganoush.  It is very good and healthy.  We dip it with flat bread.  The most important thing is to have some every day.   Enjoy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.