Blood pressure issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

Do any of you get slightly elevated blood pressure readings during your period? My period came on yesterday and my bp has been up a little. I am on amlodipine for bp. I was just wondering if anyone else gets this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I do. I've been considered borderline and now take Lisinopril. I get the dizzy/off balance feeling during my cycle and when the pressure is up a little bit

My doc told me to drink a little more water and that should help.

• Posted

Yes. When I went into menopause all of a sudden I had high blood pressure. Now on meds
    • Posted

I read a lot of women develop high blood pressure during this time. Crazy how things just change overnight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.