Blood pressure issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

good morning

wondering if anyone can advise

had some Heart related health issues last yeAR all ok thankfully

been having consistantly high blood pressure readings (175/95 ish) was put on beta blockers as control but was /am still suffering breathlessness on excertion (doc not overky concerned ...diagnosed asthma ...which its not !) came off beta blockers 7 dAYS ago and onto rampril 5mg ...blood pressure now reading average 105/65 ...also feeling bit dizzy which i beleive is dide effect of rampril

does this teading seem ok or bit low

due to go back to docs this week but value you lively peoples opinions

thanks in advance

angie

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela

I have high bp and get VERY dizzy on amlodopine plus leg pain, I hope they don't change you onto it.

Good luck, I hope you get the right medication and your dr listens.

very best wishes

• Posted

That is an amazing drop in readings. How long had you had the higher readings for ?

• Posted

hi derek

bp been high for couple years at least ...had issues last year n went thru whole load of tests for heart problem ...bp ranged from 180/high 90s hence the beta blockers ...they didnt really change much so been put on rampril..on these a week n did think that was massive drop !

feeling a little lightheaded spaced out type feeling n getting palpitations on n off ...im thinking about stopping meds til i see doc this week ?

kind regards

angie

• Posted

So the beta blocker wasn't doing the job but the Ramipril really is? I guess that's good news! That's pretty dramatic success for an ACE inhibitor. In fact, maybe reduce the dosage a little, that BP is a little low, for an average.

When your BP has been high for a while, just getting it to a normal range can seem unusual, so it could be that - especially to something that low.

Also, when you stop a beta blocker it can take your body some time to withdraw from it, weeks or longer, so that could figure in, too.

• Posted

thank you for your reply

yes did think maybe my rampril dose is bit high 5mg ? as reading paperwork info says starter dose should be 1.25 and increase slowly ....

maybe doc will reduce dose when i see him ?

• Posted

Yes indeed, doctor may adjust dose.

I suppose he might have wanted to start high, to make up for the beta blocker withdrawal.

Reactions to drugs can vary quite a bit from one person to another, I often find I'm happier with smaller doses that work just fine for me.

• Posted

HI JX

Thank you for your reply

all good information and advise

much appreciated

kind regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.