Blood pressure issues related to withdrawal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have posted before.  Now down to 2.5 and shaving more off.  But blood pressure has risen a lot. At emerg this wknd and got Chief of staff.  Told him about Zop and he was so pleased I am coming off, saying it is a terrible drug.  He feels its lack of sleep during withdrawal, plus it can cause anxiety as dose gets lower. Anyone had higher bpressure and didnt connect with Zop or is it just me?  Was most encouraging, told me to keep going slowly, as I am a senior.  So are many friends in this drug, and we have been working with half brain power.  Even with less sleep I am brighter.  Took apart sewing machine needle and bobbin area the other day, and cleaned and fixed it.  I also find although less sleep, I do get through the day, and I think many worry about this.  Perhaps that's where the stress of getting off Zop comes from?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good for you getting off this horrible drug. My husband has weaned himself off completely over the last two weeks and is now weaning himself off the Valium which he used to get off the zop. It is working and he is feeling better than he has in 2 years. Wish we would have clued in sooner that it was the zop causing all the head problems in the first place. But the doctors never suggested it either. So things are just going to get better and better from here. He never had any issues with blood pressure. Keep at it and get your life back. Happy for you.
    • Posted

Hi Linda did your husband take the zop in addition to vallium? I've no idea on amounts either ive taken zop 7.5 for years before that I was hooked on diazepam for sleep. 

Somtimes I take half a tablet then wake up 2,3,4 hrs later  have a snack play on the computer and take another. 

When I was in my early 20s I was in Majorca suffering unpresidented stress in those days you could by sleepers in any chemist but I was so against drugs I refused to take them and ended up not sleeping for 3 weeks living on ever increasing fear and adrenalin. No one believes me but it's true I was flown back to England and administerd mogadon by the bucketload I've been addicted to sleepers ever since.

theres no help ive been privately to dozens of rogues over the years no one has helped and some have made it worse!! 

The problem is you cant stop thinking about it and the more to try to stop thinking the more energy you give it that then leads to a simmering panic.

oh yes I've had mega b/p since the beginning but that's white coat. I no longer go to medics. N

• Posted

Dr. Heather Ashton has a page about weaning off different drugs and that is where we got the idea of valium. If you google Ashton plan zoplicone valium, you will find her info. So, yes he was on both for about 2 weeks, now just on valium and weaning himself off that.
  • Posted

was taking 7.5 for around a year, I now take 1 x  3.75  a day , in fact i cut them in half and take half, if I cant sleep I take the other half, so go between the 1.85 and 3.75, on a half pill I sleep lighter and wake better, clearer, but 3.75 is ok, I do still take them, I dont how well they work but I feel better, more relaxed and I worrry less about sleep. also now, I try this, after an hour or so i get up , have a drink, light snack, check my emails and go to bed again as if its the first time, it works often, my blood prssure in lower, much more near norml, i feel better and I worry less

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.