Blood pressure keeps changing

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys and girls 

i keep getting different results from blood pressure tests by doctors my first one was 152/100 then 2 lots of 120/80 then last one was 140/100. is it considered hypertension or just spiking due to be tired?

P.S i completey stopped drinking and smoking 4 weeks ago exactly 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Mines doing that. No idea why. Don't drink or smoke. My primary doesn't think it's serious. Other doc's i see don't like it.

• Posted

Your blood pressure goes up and down according to the

activation of your sympathetic system and the counter

activation of your parasympathetic system.

It is not natural for it to stay the same all the time.

It is not good for your BP to stay high for long periods neither is

it good for your BP to be took low.

Hypertension is difficult to diagnose because your blood

pressure needs to measured over at least a week and at

specified times of day.

Even then there may be differences of opinion depending on

whether systolic or mean arterial pressures are being monitored.

• Posted

You definitely need to keep watch over your blood pressure . The good effects of stopping smoking and drinking may not have factored in yet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.