Blood Pressure low

Posted , 4 users are following.

My blood pressure has all along been about 120 to 130/ 60 or even 58 some time in summers as well as winters without any medication. Since last 10 years, In winters it (especially Systolic) remains on the higher side 150-160 but Diastolic usually remains 60 to 70 for which medicine is to be taken. In summers it reverts back to 120-130/60-at times 58.

Presently we have a spring season here. Hence, I am presently taking 25 mg Easyday (Losartan Potassium) once a day in the morning. With this my BP remains 120-130/60-58.I feel my Diastolic pressure remains low, hence tried taking half tablet Easyday so that Diastolic gets higher but it doesn't work.

I am presently 85 with no problem of heart or sugar. Walk daily for about 30 mins of course with slower pace. At my advance age,never bothered much about low Diastolic.

However now I thought it better to use this Forum just to get the views of others who may have to say some thing about it.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You seem a very healthy 85 year old! I would get your blood pressure checked regularly by your doctor and ger advice about the medication your are taking. I can’t comment on your blood pressure readings because it is not an issue I am familiar with.  My problems are IBS, and acid reflux.
  • Posted

Perfectly normal with your age . Dnt stress that too much on that as long as systolic is in range .. no interventions needed for diastolic bp .. just continue with your treatment .. 90 is the limit of systolic bp if it decreased below 90 then ur kidneys are affected .. low bp causes are stiff vessels due to age so enjoy life smile
    • Posted

Thanks Mr Jawad. By the grace of God I am leading reasonably good life at this age. I avoid visit to the Docs unless some thing is really troublesome for me. And when I do go, I rethem that 
    • Posted

My earlier reply to you went before I could finish. Hence a 2nd reply now.

Thanks Mr Jawad. By the grace of God I am leading reasonably good life at this age. I avoid visits to the Docs unless some thing is really troublesome for me. And when I do go, I request them not to expect me to go through elaborate tests. As regards my notification, I wanted to further confirm my own thinking (not to bother about low BP and other minor issues) after my recent visit to a Doc.

At this age, one likes/endeavours to have reasonable health as long as one lives. Thanks/Regards

• Posted

You are one healthy 85 year old! Keep up the healhty lifestyle smile Be happy and stay positive.
    • Posted

Kind of you for your response. At this age, it is a great blessing from the God Almighty not only to stay on my feet but also to walk for 28-30 mins. Regular walks and Army's service for about 32 years has been the main contributory factors in my case. My good wishes to every one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.