Blood pressure medication

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

I have been on blood pressure medication since April this year. About 6 weeks ago I started with indigestion, heartburn which is rather persistent and I don't feel like eating. I have read some BP meds can effect the esophagus sphincter casing acid reflux etc. I was originally taking amlipodene and am now on Ramipril and it isn't any better. I wondered if anyone has had the same problems taking amlipodene or Ramipril and have changed to something else that suits them? I have been naughty and missed my tablet last night as I felt pretty rough. I'm sure I feel better today actually feeling hungry for the first time in ages. I will take a tablet tonight though. I have been getting myself really worried thinking there is something seriously wrong. I am on omeprazole as well! Any advice/experience would be appreciated! Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Paula, I developed digestive issues while taking Amlodipine for approximately 13 years or more.  I did not realize that I was prescribed omeprazole to counter the effects of the Amlodipine.  It took several months to clear my digestive system after no longer taking the Amlodipine. Sour dough bread, butter milk, cabbage, along with the omeprazole helped with the healing of my digestive system.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.