Blood pressure problem

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so last few days ive been trying to figure out my symptons of middle chest discomfort and light headed and tiredness. Sometimes short of breath. Some times ill feel great other times i wont. So anyways long story short i was on antibiotics for awhile and was taking a natrual blood pressure medication with omega 3 and multivitamin and olive oil extract. So about a month ago my BP was 146/86/89 started antibiotocs and blood pressure medication and just today it was 124/79/86. Is my blood pressure droping to fast which causes these symptoms or could it be taking to much bp meds or i also have bad gas/acid reflex

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, your BP is not dropping fast. it is good now and should be in that range.

So you are continuing with bp med? or stopped? 

And i dont think BP reading 146/86 will make you feel discomfort. It should be some other reason.

• Posted

I was taking bp meds still. And i was at 121 today where 3 weeks ago i was at 146
  • Posted

Hi Brandon,

I'll preface this with "I am not a doctor and you should speak to one if you have any concerns"

From having been under treatment for Hypertension for over 10 years my experience, which seems to be backed up by others more knowledgeable than I, is that BP varies through the day and if I check mine immediately after briskly walking upstairs and then after resting for 10 minutes there will be a signifiant difference.

In my own case I check it fairly regularly at home and it's normally in the 140 - 150 over 80 - 90 region but on Wednesday when my Cardiologist checked it after leaving me to rest in his examination room for ten minutes it was 126/84 so as you can see the range for me is fairly wide and I'd imagine that is similar for most people not in a coma. 

Your numbers look normal(to me, and remember...Not a doctor) 

It's worth noting that the Universities of East Anglia, Durham and Manchester have carried out research and produced reports that indicate Omega 3 has no benefits in preventing heart disease and stroke, there also appear to be no risks other than to your bank balance, an interweb search will pull up lots of health food advocates offering to sell you pills telling you how good they are but you have to do a bit more digging to find any actual information.

• Posted

Hi Brandon. Truthfully your BPs are fairly normal. Only by the new charts Do people think that that’s considered high blood pressure but truthfully they aren’t bad at all and of course as you know they fluctuate throughout the day I would look into your chest discomfort has probably been one of the few things

1.  Acid reflux

2.  Anxiety

3.   Maybe some pulled a chest muscles

These are just random thoughts and of course it’s best for you check with your doctor perhaps we could have an EKG done or some cardiac testing just to rule things out I went through it myself 

I wish you the best 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.