BLOOD PRESSURE SPIKES ??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi to all...Has anyone have blood pressure spikes at odd hours of the day ??..

2 cardiologists have given me a clean bill of health...but yet..every day..I get dangerous blood pressure spikes...and there's no physical reason for them...All my blood work is perfect..All my Multiple doctors can't find anything wrong...My usual bp readings are 140/ 93...but at times it spikes to 189/118

ANY HELP FOR ME ??

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louis, My blood pressure can spike if my anxiety is exceptionally high. It spikes every time before I see my psychiatrist for some reason. 
    • Posted

How high does it spike...??...and how long before it comes down again...

• Posted

The last time I was at the psych's office, it went to 186/118 which is really high for me. My psych told me to go see my doctor. She said she did not want me to have a heart attack or stroke. The next morning, i went to my doctor's office and my BP was 126/66. I just stress out sometimes.

• Posted

So it spikes only at your psychiatrist...but not at your regular doctor ??..it spikes only with the person who is supposed to treat you for mental problem ?? Hmmm....I thought it oughta be the other way around
  • Posted

My psych is newer to me. It is also the place where I talk about my most difficult feelings. I understand why this could happen.
  • Posted

Thank you Louis. I hope you do the same. Try not to worry too much.
  • Posted

Dear Louis,

My BP tends to do the same thing but only when I am thinking of a problem that is really bothering me. The last spike was after my visit with my old psychiatrist who told me that she wanted me to lie to another doctor that was helping me to slowly get off of a medication. She said to lie to him and go down faster than he was prescribed me to do. That really messed me up and good thing was that right afterwards I had to see him and get my normal medicine. The reading was off the charts like your one was. The nurse listened to what happened and administered vallum asap. She said that due to the situation my BP and heart rate was way scary high. She then helped me to understand that I am still in control of the situation and I calmed down. I need less to say then promptly fired my psychiatrist. But the whole thing is what caused it to happen to me. It could be any type of situation or place that you find yourself having trouble with targeting an answer for or against the situation. I find it also helpful to talk to your favorite doctor about it. The one you like the most is for a good reason. You know that they will listen and help you in any way possible. I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and hope that this short truth story helped in some way. Good bless you and keep fighting for a better day.

Ana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.