Blood pressure up and down

Posted , 4 users are following.

53 year old. Had slightly high blood pressure. Take low dose Lisinopril. Past week or so blood pressure is jumping up and down for no apparent reason. Has been as high as 165/106. Then goes back down to 120/80. Primary thinks it will settle down. Not sure she's right. Had a knee doc appointment last week. They made me stick around til it went down. It stayed at 155/106 for 2 hours.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

the tempirary spike maybe due to anxiety.... dont worry about the number if your normal goes back down to 120.80
    • Posted

The problem is the knee doc app is to get injections. If my diastolic is over 100, they won't do it. They are

• Posted

They are afraid I will stroke out. A app that should have taken 10 minutes turned into 2 hours. Lol. Came home relaxed for a while. BP was 118/75. Went to a docs office for a exam for insurance. BP was 150/100. Never had this problem. The injections are nothing to me . Been getting them for 12 years or more. Had it done like 70 times.
    • Posted

Sounds to me like white coat syndrome, mine can be fine then go erratic, daft question are you well hydrated
    • Posted

Was told I had white coat long time ago. But haven't had a problem in a long time. Never had a diastolic in the hundreds. Have had labs and ekg a few times in the past months. Surgeries in June and November. Nurse took my bp atleast 20 times which I think made it worse.

• Posted

It could be from anxiety and something called blood pressure spikes sometimes can be a sign that you need your blood pressure medicine increased a little bit just letting you know from my standpoint I still get those spikes usually at night they can make you shake like your having a tremor and your jaw and neck feel rigid I have had every kind of check up there is I'm just have bad nightmares and have to take anxiety medicine and had to increase my Lisinopril

• Posted

That's what I thought to. When I was put on it the doc I saw started me off at the lowest dose. When I called my primary to speak to her about it and see if it needed to be increased, she decided not to. Think I will call back and speak to her again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.