Blood pressure very low

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, 

I usually suffer from lightheadedness/dizziness when I stand up from lying or sitting and have done for quite some time. It usually corrects if I just steady myself for a few moments.

However today I have woken up with extreme lightheadedness that does not seem to be related to that and my balance when walking is not great. It has lasted a few hours so far. I took my blood pressure just now and it was 76/58. I am just concerned whether I need to see someone today or whether I should just check it again in an hour or so. I think I will go and see a doctor as a routine appointment as soon as I can get a slot but I’m quite concerned - is this reading very low?

Thanks, 

Emma 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Oops very low yes see some one to low the systolic should be no more less than 90 110/80 is okay no more than 135/80 see your doctor , possibly some heart spesialist who knows little more , and check the medications you take , blood pressure is no stable , the body connected as one , especially with those autoimmune disorders we have I feel the pain now , the body talk in his own way , same way you ask here he talk to you , do something he say see your doctor , what is the cause to be to low ? Talking about immune we talk about our blood , the white cells , primarily, but the life is within the blood who we all have inherited, I have bamboo spine from AS on the MRI I do my reumatologist tell me I see it o no need to read the paper work , yes best see someone is no normal is far to low when the diastolic Drop to low the kidneys can locked , if I was you I do see the doctor that is what I do , and I ask him to do some checks even blood tests 
  • Posted

Avoid walk much with 70 systolic far to low my own was 90 the other day the doctor say stop the medication for today drink list of Fluids no cardizem today he say to me to low but was 90/80 no 70/58 far to low see your personal doctor who care for you and ask his assistance to adjust the medications take good care , avoid panic , drink lots of fluids wish you well 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.