Blood/ Protein in urine but no sign of infection

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi 

?So I gave birth March 2016. Pregnancy was normal although I did end up with mild pre-eclampsia and was induced at 37 weeks. I was kept in on bed rest for a few weeks due to very high blood pressure (at one point I was seeing white lights etc so was very bad)   However I was lucky in that after a few months my blood pressure had evened back out and I was able to give up the meds.

?I breastfed my son for 6/7 months but once he was weaned, he no longer wanted the breastmilk and this is when all my issues began.

?I began having horrible night sweats, which I put down to hormones but after 6-8 weeks I went to the doctor. He sent me for an xray, and did blood tests on me to check for hormone issues and any blood cancers.  The tests all came back normal.  The xray was also clear although I've since found out it wasn't my xray... but someone elses. I've never heard what became of my xray or whether the results were ok.

?He agreed it was likely just my body getting back to normal and sent me on my way with the advice I should return if symptoms persisted or any other symptoms appeared.  3 months later night sweats were continuing but I was now getting headaches, loss of appetite, my IBS was going crazy and I had pain under my ribs and around my back.  My doctor had retired and I saw another, she put it down to stress and gave me antidepressants. When the symptoms were still there 3 months later I went back again.  She still claimed it was stress.  

?Another few months passed and I went back, this time to see a different doctor. They took bloods, changed my antidepressants and referred me to a psychiatrist.  That was 3 months ago and symptoms are still persisting.

?I recently went back and saw a 3rd doctor. He finally did a urine test and its come back with blood and high protein in my urine.  There is no bacteria or white cells so they don't believe this is any kind of infection but have taken bloods to rule it out.  

?They said they are testing me for kidney disease and looking for any signs of cancer. I'm petrified. Whatever is happening in my body has been going on for over 12 months.

?Has anyone else had these symptoms or blood/ protein in urine but no bacteria/ white cells??

?2 week wait for the results coming back....

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicola

I have got trace of blood in urine and protein. I had a full hysterectomy 6 months ago and more recently some sort of infection either due to kidney or pelvic pocket of fluid they don't know but antibiotics got rid of it I'm just left with the urine showing up this blood and protein. I have a cystoscopy next Monday to look at my bladder but I too am petrified of cancer I'm just praying it's nothing major Ive had enough operations to last me a lifetime. You just got to keep on at your gp to get anywhere nowadays. I will let u know what they find next week.x

• Posted

Hi,

I do find it more than a bit worrying that they mixed up your x-ray with someone else's and also that you were never were given any (of your) own results.

It also sounds like you have been and are going through a lot without getting any definite answers to your problems. I hope that things do eventually get sorted out and your health improves, I wish you all the best.

Ian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.