Blood results

Posted , 5 users are following.

blood results show signs of early damage but don't understand them

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you're looking for a comment, perhaps you might want to post the results.

• Posted

That would help ay not thinking straight.... Thank you
  • Posted

Results Are serum gamma-glutamyl transferase above range (248 ul )0.0-72.0)

serum albumin level below average (33gl 35.0-50.0)

serum alkaline phosphate above range (188 ul 30.0-130.0)

hope this helps

• Posted

Do you drink?
    • Posted

It's not me it's my husband n yes he does he is trying to stop with some help

• Posted

Just wanted an idea how bad it is 
    • Posted

Hey, I understand.  I'm from the states (Georgia) so our measurements are measured differently.   Typically an elevated GGT is used to determine the cause of an elevated ALP.  A normal GGT and an elevated ALP mean a bone disease.  Both are elevated in a biliary problem t.  It is also used as a guideline as to whether the patient is drinking or not and can be used to determine chronic alcoholism.  Albumin is a protein  madeby the liver that constitute 60% of your blood.  When albumin decreases, it suggests liver or kidney impairment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.