Blood results normal but I have lots of neck lumps what should I do

Posted , 2 users are following.

I did a blood test (CBC) because I have lots of lumps in my neck, today I saw my doctor and they said the results came back as normal. She said at this point they would usually do a neck scan but now they no longer have the funding to do that. So instead I now have to wait 1 month and see if the lumps go down on their own and if my symptoms get worse I can go back earlier than a month. I feel like this month of waiting is very pointless because I have had these lumps for months already and I don't think they will magically go down now... Does anyone have some suggestions on what I can do to try and seek a diagnosis? or are there any other options rather than waiting for these doctors again as this is the third time they have made me wait for this issue. All help is highly appreciated thank you

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You could ask them for a private referral to to the relevant consultant. There is a fee for this but I can't tell you how much. Also try going on the website of your local hospital and look for consultants in this sort of thing, some hospitals do private medicine too and will have a list of consultants. Good luck, I know it's horrible waiting but that's the way it is in the NHS just now due to lack of funding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.