Blood results RA

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to share their RA blood results at diagnosis what your CRP, CCP or RF were in figures also what meds you were placed on to begin and how you got on with them thank you in advance

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emily, my last blood test CRP 1.2 and PV plasma Viscosity 1.75, what is CCP? RF is Rheumatoid Factor I presume, I've been on Sulfasalazine for the last 15 years with sometimes naproxen, recently put on Benepali which lowered my inflammation right down, tried methotrexate once on it about a week but could not tolerate it, never had a problem with Sulfasalazine, but last blood test showed they might be a problem with Benepali white blood cell count has dropped out the normal range, so more blood tests and see GP.

• Posted

My RF was 297 at diagnosis and CCP was >250. I was told the test my Dr office does only tests up t to 250 because it isn't necessary to bother with the exact number since over 60 is considered a strong positive for RA.

I was started on Prednisone because I was almost a cripple by the time I was diagnosed, but was on only for 2 weeks. Then methotrexate was added after 4 months and I continued on both for 10 months. Although this combination helped some, I was still having issues and needing to go on and off prednisone, so then I was switched to Enbrel and have been on that for 5 months now. It works better, but right now a flare is coming on again and I'm holding off on prednisone and trying to work through it with more rest and watching my sugar and gluten because these seem to make my RA worse. I'm giving Enbrel alone til the end of the year and if it still isn't under better control my Dr has suggested adding sulfasalazine, so we'll see..

• Posted

It was deleted in my response but I was started on Plaquinel with the prednisone first then after 4 months methotrexate was added.
  • Posted

Hi Emily. grr I wrote a terribly long summary which timed out my session and lost the text. That was tedious! Anyway here’s a the short of it.

From mid 2016, 2-3 months of increasing fatigue, pain and sensitivity across many joins in hands, feet, and many other limb joints. Dry eyes and mouth.

At diagnosis, RF 1256; anti-CCP >300; CRP 9

(That RF - I have no idea what scales are used and it baffled my GP quite what to make of it, but I have checked the lab report and that’s what it says).

1 month 20mg prednisone tapering prior to first rheumatologist referral, then after consultation - 

2 months 20mg prednisone tapering while phasing onto DMARDs

400mg Hydroxychloroquine (taken in evening with food) 

1 month later 20mg oral methotrexate. (Methotrexate Monday, 5mg folic acid Friday) Methotrexate increased to 25mg after a month. 

2 months later sulfasalazine; however stopped after a month due to nausea and pinprick rash.

2 months later methotrexate changed to self administered subcutaneous injection, 20mg/1ml

Pain:

- paracetamol 1000mg up to 4 times a day, usually less

- Initially diclofenac 75mg twice daily with food, dropped due to nausea

- replaced with Naproxen twice daily with food (usually less often)

- Codeine before bed sometimes.

I find the methotrexate injections easier on my digestion. I was at first a bit wiped out on days following methotrexate, but that has passed and I don’t presently associate it with negative symptoms.

Hydroxychloroquine without food gives me reflux. 

I also take omeprazole at night. 

Still have periods of fatigue. 

I still have variable levels of pain in hands, wrists and feet, but not significant swelling. Having further ultrasound scans this week.

• Posted

Thanks Blair I hope u are doing well thanks for your reply x
  • Posted

ESR Generally around 50

CRP Generally around 30

At diagnosis RF was 75 and CCP was 40

Very low Vit D

HB 10

Not as high as many people but still seropositive apparently. Not sure if it helps or hinders you but best wishes to you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.