Blood results show slightly low kidney function

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently had some bloods done which came back normal besides it shows a slight decline in my kidney function. I suffer from anxiety so i am now a wreck thinking i have kidney failure.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

When you say reduced from what to what.  There are many factors that can cause a kidney function to be slightly off such as age, what you have been doing before the blood tests, what you have eaten and drunk and the time of day oh and you as an individual.  There are also many meds that can alter a kidney function.  You can never tell anything off one blood test so I would advise that you have the test repeated in 6 months and see where you are at then.  If you had any serious issues your other bloods would not have come back normal as our kidneys control many things (more then you would ever be aware of) so you see I would not worry too much at the  moment and one abnormal reading or one slightly off blood test does not mean there is something seriously wrong with you! I hope the above makes you feel better smile

• Posted

Thank you so much Helen, that does make me feel better. Not sure till i see the doctor after my holiday. They are doing another blood test in a few weeks and will take it from there. I am 35 but will admit i was doing alot of exercise for a week before my blood test.
    • Posted

Hi,

That explains a lot, exercise makes creatinine rise therefore kidney function can drop.  After my transplant I was told not to panic if my creatinine went up the more I started doing as this happens, which as explains can reduce your GFR (Kidney function) have your bloods done again and you will see, dont do as much before the blood test and make sure you drink plenty.

There are people who claim to be drs out there who will tell you that reduced kidney function is bad however a qualified dr would never tell you that off just one blood test, you need to keep your witts about you as some use sites like this to pimp their potions that can cause more harm than good.  If there was a potion to cure CKD I would as other had it if there is such a thing people wouldn't be on dialysis and need transplants would they? disgusting people that prey on peoples fears and vulnerability.  You enjoy your hols, have a good time then have your bloods done again and take it from there.  Do come back and let us know x 

• Posted

hi i just had a creatinine test my result came 1.7 is it cause of worrying please tell me. i am also very anxious & tense from last 6 monts is it adding to the kidney function

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.